Newsflash:

India Issues Advisory to TV Channels Over Coverage of Red Fort Blast

India’s MIB warns TV channels against airing sensitive Red Fort blast content, citing risks of misinformation and national security threats.

2 min read

India Issues Advisory to TV Channels Over Coverage of Red Fort Blast

Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has issued an advisory to all media channels to refrain from airing sensitive Red Fort blast content in the interest of national security. [IC: Getty Images]

November 19, 2025

Delhi – The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) of India has issued a strict advisory on November 18 to all private satellite television channels, warning against the broadcast of sensitive content related to the recent Red Fort car bomb blast. The directive comes after the Ministry observed instances where certain news outlets aired material that appeared to justify acts of violence or included instructions on making explosive devices.

The advisory cautions that such broadcasts may inadvertently encourage extremist behavior, disrupt public order, and pose risks to national security. “All channels are advised to exercise the highest level of discretion and sensitivity while reporting on such matters,” the Ministry said, underscoring that responsible coverage is paramount when dealing with incidents that have security implications.

Broadcasters were reminded of their obligations under the Programme and Advertising Code of the Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act, 1995. Specifically, the advisory highlighted Rules 6(1)(d), 6(1)(e), and 6(1)(h), which prohibit airing content that is obscene, defamatory, deliberately false, incites violence, promotes anti-national attitudes, disrupts law and order, or compromises the integrity of the nation. Channels were also instructed to avoid telecasting visuals or information that could “aid, abet, or promote unlawful activities.”

Deputy Secretary Arpitha S., who issued the advisory, noted that the directive had been shared with self-regulatory bodies under the Cable Television (Amendment) Rules, 2021, as well as relevant industry associations, and uploaded to the Broadcast Seva portal for wider dissemination.

While the advisory is framed as a measure to ensure responsible reporting, critics argue it also serves as a caution to media outlets against airing unverified claims that have, in recent weeks, drawn international scrutiny. Observers note that misleading or fabricated reports surrounding the Red Fort blast have at times cast India in an unfavorable light, highlighting the potential for such information to be exploited in broader information operations.

The Ministry’s intervention highlights the ongoing tension in India’s media landscape, where sensational reporting on sensitive security incidents can rapidly amplify misinformation, complicating both public understanding and national security efforts.

Related Articles

Operation Cleanup was halted on Qatar’s request, which offered mediation, says Deputy PM & Foreign Minister in a major disclosure.
Sri Lanka requests global assistance as Cyclone Ditwah kills 123, leaves 130 missing, and destroys thousands of homes across the island.
The Taliban betray Pashtunwali by sheltering TTP militants while Pakistan, upholding Melmastia, exposes Kabul’s selective cultural use.
Bella Hadid and Pedro Pascal to host a benefit concert in LA to raise funds for Palestine and Sudan relief efforts.

Post a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *