WANA_ Security forces in North Waziristan successfully prevented a suicide attack at Wana Cadet College. Militants drove an explosive-laden vehicle toward the main gate, causing damage to the entrance and surrounding infrastructure. Prompt action by the Pakistan Army foiled the attackers’ plan, preventing them from breaching the college’s security.
Update |
— HTN World (@htnworld) November 10, 2025
According to security sources, the college security guards intercepted a suicide bomber before he could enter the premises, after which the bomber detonated the explosives.
The powerful blast damaged nearby houses, and a few civilians were injured and taken to the… pic.twitter.com/yDRZD5Y8qa
“Two militants were killed in the initial response, while three others who entered the administrative block were neutralized shortly thereafter,” said an ISPR statement.
Authorities confirmed that the attack was inspired by the Army Public School (APS) tragedy, aiming to create terror among students and staff.
Casualties and Damage
Eight individuals, including women and children, were injured during the incident and were transported to Wana Hospital for treatment. A vehicle and an auto-rickshaw near the college were also damaged in the blast. Students inside the college reported that most cadets were local and praised the Pakistan Army for ensuring their safety.
Video Surfaces | Cadet College Wana Attack Foiled
— HTN World (@htnworld) November 10, 2025
A video from Cadet College Wana students shows that the attack by extremists was successfully foiled by timely action from security forces. Most students are locals, and all are safe.
5 militants were neutralized, and the… https://t.co/uK7FGsxGLp pic.twitter.com/tv65D1D4oA
Militant Affiliations and Context
The Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) sub-group, Jaish-e-Hind, claimed responsibility for the attempted attack. Security officials noted that these militants were operating under Afghan Taliban influence, receiving guidance from handlers in Afghanistan.
Update |
— HTN World (@htnworld) November 10, 2025
The newly emerged group “Jaish-e-Hind” has claimed responsibility for the Cadet College Wana attack. The group identified the suicide attacker as Saifullah Umar Afridi.
It is noteworthy that this group was previously part of Tehrik-i-Talib*n Pakistan (TTP). https://t.co/O1ZvXa0W0i
“Despite Afghan Taliban claims, these extremists attempted to carry out a major attack. Pakistan reserves the right to act against all terrorist groups and their leadership,” ISPR emphasized.
A clearance operation continues within the college to ensure the complete elimination of remaining threats.
Government Condemnation and Support for Security Forces
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif strongly condemned the attack, praising security forces for their prompt response.
“Once again, cowardly terrorists attempted to target an educational institution, which was successfully foiled by our armed forces. Their unwavering resolve ensures national security, and the entire nation salutes their bravery,”
he said.
Federal Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi also lauded the forces for neutralizing the attackers and reaffirmed the government’s commitment to eliminating terrorism from Pakistan.
The foiled suicide attack at Wana Cadet College demonstrates the continued threat posed by TTP-linked militants and underscores Pakistan’s steadfast counterterrorism operations. Security forces’ rapid response prevented a potential tragedy, reinforcing the government and military’s commitment to protecting educational institutions and civilians